Wednesday, August 31, 2011

AOA #72: The Marshmallow Gun

So when I saw this post on The Idea Room, I just knew we had to make Dakin his very own marshmallow gun.  So we did!  It was crazy easy (especially when you use your feminine charms to get the guy at the hardware store to cut the PVC pipe for you...)  It took all of ten seconds to assemble and has provided hours of fun so far!

 Target #1: Blocks.  Not a good idea.  The marshmallows just don't have that kind of velocity.
 Target #2: Stacked cups.  Much better idea, if you can get them to stay up despite two fans blowing in the house (yes, it's still 106 degrees here).  But look at his grin!  He loves it!
So, first Autumn of Awesome item accomplished, and the verdict: awesome, of course.  You just have to be careful not to inhale the marshmallow...

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Awesome! :)

Bethany said...

What a cool new toy Dakin!! Marshmallow guns are so much fun, but my brother and I used each other for targets, and then I got bored and ate the ammunition :) It looks like you are having so much fun!!

marlet said...

Halo. I am doing blogwalking and read your blog. You have handsome boy. His smile is so "refreshing" and sweet smile.

Kristen said...

Love it! I may have to try that in the winter when we're stuck inside!! : )