Monday, August 8, 2011

Miracles

They do happen!

We got some amazing news today. We, as a little tiny SMARD community, have raised just about 50,000 dollars!!! And, as a result, the Jackson Laboratory has assigned a post doc researcher to work exclusively on SMARD. They also said if we keep raising cash like this, Dr. Cox may be able to make the whole of his lab's research SMARD. Can you believe it?! We have come so so far...from no hope at all to having a person researching SMARD full time!

Wow.

I am pretty humbled about this, and my heart is really full. I don't know what to say- how do you thank people who are trying to save your child's life? What words are sufficient to properly express a gratitude I can't even sense the depth of? How do I thank the anonymous donor who gave this research $25,000? How can I tell Gus, who hiked his rear off in July and raised almost 6500 dollars how much his sacrifice and love for Dakin and his buddies means to me? The people at the lab who have made our cause their own...and thus have sealed themselves to my heart forever- how do I thank them? And the friends and sweet people who have donated...I just hope that all these people know how grateful I am.

Hope is one of the greatest gifts in the world, so thank you so much to those who have helped restore some to me. Know that you are in my heart and will be always. This is my baby we are talking about. You will never know how grateful I am.


Sigh, as usual, words fail me.

But we need to keep this momentum going. In the next few days I will be announcing my personal fundraiser. Let's keep it going!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

That is such awesome news! I'm so glad that someone will finally be working on it.

Tara Bennett said...

I an also thrilled and humbled. Hooray for HOPE. I can't imagine any greater feeling for you than that. Onward ever onward.

April said...

Hope is truly a most wonderful gift! HOORAY!

Jessica said...

That's amazing! Yay for research!!

Victoria Strong said...

This is so incredible! So blown away and so grateful for kind and generous people!!!