Friday, September 17, 2010

Super Fun

Yep. My idea of fun is a visit to the ER at 9 p.m.

(Actually, I am fairly certain that the ER at 9 p.m. is the lowest circle of hell...you know, where Satan lives.)

Anyhoo...I, in a bout of craziness, decided to take Dakin to the park yesterday. He wanted to go down the tube slide, and we ended up with what they are calling a strained hip. His legs naturally flail out, due to his extensor muscle strength, and I should have realized that his legs were out before we went down. But I couldn't see, since I was on my back, owing to the fact the freaking slide wasn't tall enough for me to sit with him in.

ANYWAY. So I thought maybe he had tweaked his knee, and he wasn't fussing about it too badly, so I decided to just watch it. Denise, our night nurse, thought perhaps he dislocated his hip, so off to the ER we went.

After much fussing and being upset and doctor flirting, we were sent home. He's fine today, but I'm glad we checked anyway.

Besides, I haven't been on vacation in a while, so I suppose the seventh circle of hell is a good enough spot to visit.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm certain there is a not so nice name for the ER. We like to call it the HE-Double-Hospital-Sticks instead of He-Double-Hockey-Sticks=)So sorry you had to make the trip there, but I'm glad that he's OK.

Junior said...

oh that is no fun. Sure glad he is okay and felt good enough to flirt.

Kristen said...

The ER SUCKS!! At least Dakin got to practice his flirting skills! : )

Lacey said...

Oh, no! I sure hate that he got hurt and that you guys had to spend time in the ER. Bless both of your hearts! Glad he's ok, though!

April said...

Oh I agree, the ER is definatly not our happy place! I'm so glad he is okay!!