Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Finally

I have a really bad habit of telling you all I'm going to post something, and then never doing so. But this is important! Behold: the power chair!So I know he doesn't look thrilled about it, but he really does like it. (He calls it the 'new brrm'--the stroller is the 'old brrm'.) It needs a bit of adjusting--as you can see, he's leaning. It's a far better supportive chair than the stroller is, so hopefully we'll be able to decelerate the scoliosis.

He is nervous about driving it for the moment, but he'll get there. This thing is all bells and whistles, so once he really gets going I'm going to be grateful it came with a remote kill switch! Video to follow once we have some good footage--I promise!

10 comments:

Kristen said...

Ahhh... He looks so big in the chair! : )

And, I too am honored to share in your journey with Dakin if only in a small way. He always makes me smile! : )

Junior said...

Dakin I love your new wheels, can't wait to see you driving.

Colleen said...

Cool wheels! I can't wait to see a video of him in action!

Lucy and Ethel said...

Wow -Mr. D looks so big in the chair!!!

Can't wait to see video... unless you're too busy with the kill switch :)

Lucy

Kristy said...

Awesome!!! I love that he'll get to be mobile. And that you can stop him if need be too. I taught a high school student to use a powerchair and it took awhile, since he'd never had the ability to move himself, so it scared him at first. We were probably more excited than he was--I think we all cried.

Darren and Jody said...

I love the chair! He looks so cute

Victoria Strong said...

Go Dakin! Go Dakin! Go Dakin! He is so big now!! Hope his leg is doing okay.

Anonymous said...

Oh he is just adorable! I just happened across your blog from another SMA blog, but I see your superhero has SMARD and that reminds me of a lovely SMARD mommy named Kendra that lost her baby Makenize last December from SMARD. Have you two met? I'm sure she might delight in knowing someone who has a child with the rarer SMARD...

kendraandryanwebster.blogspot.com

Just passing by!

Devon said...

Anon: I have met Kendra. She is amazing. Thanks for the suggestion, though!!

Azure said...

Oooh! NICE ride, buddy!