Monday, June 8, 2009

Oh My Stars

I think we have hit the terrible twos a few months early. We hauled Dakin and all his equipment to church yesterday, and it went pretty well: in the first meeting he turned white and couldn't breathe, but we took care of that in a jiffy and all was well during the second meeting. The third meeting, though...oh boy. Nothing I did made him happy. I put him on the floor with a toy--no go. I put him in his chair--he just squawked away. I held him--he wasn't having any of that.

And then the raspberries began.

Well, he found his audience with that. All the women in the meeting were laughing at the raspberries, and of course it was game over from there. I even took him out in the hopes of calming him down, and the second we stepped back in the room he started with the raspberries again. Well, thankfully, we have a wonderful church family who told us that if he wants to scream and holler then he should feel free so to do. It helps that he's cute.

It was, admittedly, kind of nice to have a neurotypical disruptive child moment. I'm grateful that he can vocalize enough to be disruptive. Little miracles...

6 comments:

Junior said...

Oh Dakin you are so silly, Junior used to think he needed to sing during the church service and giggle at everyone.

Whit, Lindsey, Jonas, and Maggie said...

If Jonas were more vocal he would be doing the same thing too. Actually he is more vocal at church. LOL. They just know when they should be on their best, they don't.

Jodie said...

What is it about church and kids that make kids go crazy? I bet Dakin blowing raspberries was adorable! You are very lucky to have such a great church family!

Victoria Strong said...

Oh that is too funny. Already the ladies man -- knows how to work the crowd! :)

April said...

That post just made me smile! It doesn't matter what special needs our kids have-- they still find a way to keep us humble during church! LOVE IT!

The Fish Family said...

He is so adorable! I love seeing him at church :)