Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Presence

Jonas was laid to rest today. I have been thinking about him all day, him and his sweet family. Looking at the clock, subtracting an hour for Utah time, praying for Whit and Lindsey's peace.

We took Dakin out for our customary walk on nice days. I wasn't keeping much of a conversation up, thinking as I was.

But then it happened.

The butterfly. It flittered right across our path. Orange and perfect, at exactly 12:15 pm.

It was a message to me: a message of how Jonas' parents are being cared for by unseen hands, and how we will be cared for when our time (I hope it's a billion years from now) with Dakin comes.

That little butterfly was a tiny bit of peace for me. It reminded me of a quote I read recently:

Joy is not the absence of pain. It is the presence of God.

Rest in peace, sweet Jonas.

4 comments:

Mindy Gleason said...

Thank you for sharing! You are right. so right.

Heather said...

"Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal."~Author Unknown


I have to believe this is true.It is the only way I have gotten through moments like this.I pass it on to you tonight,in hopes it brings you a bit of peace.

Greek Goddess said...

What sweet thoughts. Thank you.

Sara said...

This is possibly one of the most moving posts I have ever read. I've had Jonas's family on my mind a lot since I heard he passed away.
xoxox~