Monday, March 22, 2010

I love this boy!

Last March-ish I posted what I love about Dakin. I decided to do a similar post, since he has changed so much, and while I still love everything I wrote in the previous post, I have more to love now.

1. I LOVE the fact he is lying on the floor playing with his flashcards: with TWO arms in the air. Take that, progressive disease.

2. I love how he will furrow his brow when he's irritated--for such an ugly expression, it's beautiful on him.

3. I love that he lets me sing him to sleep.

4. I love that he has developed a way to let me know he wants me to hold him: he'll look at my shoulder.

5. I love that he wants me to snuggle him when he wakes up from his nap.

6. I love that he can 'ma ma ma ma ma ma ma ma ma ma ma ma ma ma' me all day long.

7. I love that he is becoming curious about other people eating: he makes a 'nah nah' sound and sticks out his tongue. I of course try to feed him then but he's not interested in THAT. Oh well.

8. I love that he is into sticking his fingers in holes. Trach, AMBU bag, my ear, whatever.

9. I love the look of pure joy he gets when we read a book together.

10. I love the silly huge grin he will sometimes randomly get right before he falls asleep.

11. I love that he dances when Elvis comes on.

12. I love the other huge grin he gets when "Ever the Same" comes on. It's our favorite song to sing together.

13. I love the glowering expression he gives me when I turn off his show.

14. I love that he will blow kisses when I pull out his "Animal Kisses" book.

15. I love how he finds random things funny: the other day I was lying on my bed kicking my body pillow up in the air. He thought it was hysterical and of course wanted me to do it forever.

16. I love how interested he is in cars, and makes sure he points them out to me.

17. I love how quickly he learns new things.

18. I love that he can stack his blocks now: three blocks high. He then knocks it down. That is, of course, the best part anyway.

19. I love catching him doing things I didn't think he could.

20. I love that he can bend his right arm up now while he's sitting up (again, take that, progressive disease), and when we hand him popsicle sticks sitting up, he reaches up to get them and then throws them on the floor.

21. I love that he complains now by making this horribly pained face (it's all an act) and saying, "Oooh! Oooh!"

22. I love that he likes to sit on the couch and watch TV. It's really cute, especially in a child who can't sit up unsupported: he looks so proud of himself.

23. I love that he can correctly do all of his puzzles now, and that he's smart enough that he's bored with them. (Back to the drawing board)

24. I love all the new syllables he's making now: ma moo, doo doo doo, da dee, etc.

I guess that's it for now.
I LOVE YOU, LITTLE BOY!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Look how much Dakin has made you appreciate the little things in life. Things you would have never appreciate otherwise. This little guy just continues to amaze me and I know I have said this a million times...but I just love that smile of his!!

annalee said...

SO very much to love!

April said...

Oh what a precious list! I love it!

Amanda said...

So many things to be thankful for...I love this post.

Victoria Strong said...

I love that you wrote this and it made my heart swell.