Honestly, we don't do a whole lot more during cold/flu season than we do any other time--the main difference is that Dakin doesn't go to church anymore, and I start worrying. More than I do during the summer.
So our germ control consists of a whole long list of rules mainly orchestrated by yours truly. Here they are, for your perusal or amusement:
- NO ONE comes in the house who is sick or has a family member who is sick
- Shoes off upon house entry
- Germ-X immediately upon entering the house
- Keys, phones and whatever else anyone is carrying gets wiped down or stored in the 'dirty box' until that person leaves
- If you or anyone in your house is sick you may not enter until the victim has been fever free for 24 hours or on antibiotics for 24 hours
- If we leave the house, we change clothes upon re-entry
- Therapists must change clothes unless we are the first stop of the day
- People coming in are kept to an absolute minimum
And for cold/flu season we keep Dakin's outings to a smaller number, only going places where there are few people at specific times. We will go some places--obviously, doctor's visits. We will also be doing some holiday stuff, depending on how bad the flu gets around here. Sigh...I was hoping the summer would last a little longer...we do have one more special outing planned for tomorrow. One last summer hurrah before the worry really begins...