TRASH FOR A CURE.
TerraCycle that will take hard-to-recyclables and upcycle or recycle them: things like Malt-O-Meal cereal bags, etc. And they will GIVE YOU MONEY for said items. .01-.02 cents per item to the charity of your choice. They even pay the shipping so you can get the items to them. This is a win-win all around! Money for charity, they get stuff for their products, and the earth doesn't have to take a bag that will NEVER.EVER.ROT.
This project makes my heart sing!
SO: Trash for a Cure. We are going to gather hard-to-recycle items to send to TerraCycle to raise money for SMARD research at the Jackson Laboratory. Now, 2 cents may not seem like much, but if we can make this big, it can make a real difference in finding a cure for Dakin.
Anyone can help, anywhere in the country! Are you interested? Here's how!
1. You can choose an item group to gather (talk to friends, host a drive through a church or scout or any kind of other group), get a bunch of it, and send it in to TerraCycle through our group account (again, TerraCycle pays shipping, so this is free!!)
2. If you are local to the East Texas area, you can choose to gather or host a drive for all of these items and give them to me and I will ship them!
If you are interested in organizing a drive, I will have flyers available early next week--just let me know!
SO WHAT KIND OF ITEMS CAN WE GATHER?
You can choose any one or more of the following, or all of them if you are local to the East Texas area!
1. Candy wrappers: individual candy wrappers, large candy bags, and multi-pack candy bags.
2. Cereal bags: Malt-O-Meal, Three Sisters, Bear River Valley, Isabel's Way, Sally's brand cereal bags, and any other bagged cereal.
3. Oral care items: toothpaste tubes, toothpaste caps, tooth brushes, floss containers.
4. Drink pouches: aluminum drink pouches, plastic drink pouches.
5. Personal care and beauty items: lipstick cases, mascara tubes, eye shadow cases, shampoo bottles, conditioner bottles, bronzer cases, foundation packaging, body wash containers, soap tubes, soap dispensers, lotion dispensers, saving foam tubes, powder cases, lotion bottles, chapstick tubes, lotion tubes, face soap dispensers, face soap tubes, face lotion bottles, face lotion jars, eyeliner cases, eyeliner pencils, eyeshadow tubes, concealer tubes, concealer sticks, lipliner pencils, hand lotion tubes, hair gel tubes, hair paste jars.
So, as you can see, there is a TON of stuff from which you can choose to collect if you are out of town, or all of them in the East Texas area. And remember, all the proceeds from this fundraiser will go to SMARD research at the Jackson Laboratory. Trash for a Cure is an easy, eco-friendly and fun way to cure SMARD! I hope you will join us as we help collect Trash for a Cure!
Any questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org