Thursday, December 9, 2010

Too Much Cute

I have been meaning to write down some of the amazingly cute things Dakin has been doing, but I keep forgetting. No more! This is really a post more for me than anyone else, but someone might find these funny.

1. When Dakin is lying on his side, he can raise his leg in the air and leave it there pretty much indefinitely. He was playing with his markers on his side and a few minutes later I came to pick him up and there were thirteen markers up his pant leg. He just put them in the leg hole near his ankle. Silly thing.

2. With the aforementioned markers, he had them to play with before he went to sleep the other day. The room was darkened, I was on the computer and he was being quiet, so I wasn't watching him too intently. When the lights came on after his nap his entire face was green. He had managed to get one of the caps off, and, well...he looked like a black ops guy.

3. He has a few favorite phrases: "Over that way", "over here", and "broken" are among them. He tells me where things are and which way he wants to roll with 'over that way' and tells me which eye itches with 'over here'. He was drawing a truck the other day and left part of it off. I asked him where the rest of it was, and he looked at me and said, "broken."

4. He also loves to say "fix it" after telling me something is broken.

5. If something isn't in use, it's taking a nap. If I put down something he's looking at, he'll tell me it's taking a nap. He snuggled his hand up next to me the other day and it was, too, taking a nap.

6. I think it's adorable that he can tell me which Imagination Movers episode a song comes from within three seconds of the song starting.

7. He says, "goo me" after he burps.

8. He was hiding under something the other day and we asked him where he was. He said 'gone.' That's his other favorite new thing to say. If I am searching for something, it's always 'gone.'

Hm, I think that's it for now. Again, this post is more for me. But I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

4 comments:

Christie Y Brown said...

Sounds to me like you have a typical three-year old on your hands!!!!

I loved each and every one.

Unknown said...

Oh the things toddlers do and say. I too am finding myself giggling at the littlest things. Isn't that one of the best parts of having children? I know for me it is.

April said...

Love the markers up the pants! So funny!

Presley & Charlotte Gleason said...

WE think you ARE THE COOLEST D!!! Smooches!!!