- When we got home, Dakin was on breathing treatments every 4 hours, now we're every 8.
- Dakin had a feeding tube, and now it's out (at least for the moment....)
- He was almost 13 lbs on release, now he's 22.
- I'm not sure how much he has grown, but it seems at least a foot and a half...
- When we got home, we had to wear a pulse oximeter all the time. Now, it's just when he sleeps.
- Vent settings were at a breathing rate of 12, PEEP of 7, pressure control of 20, and pressure support of 18(I think). Now he's only on a rate while asleep, his PEEP is at 5, PC is off except when he's asleep, and his PS is at 13!!
Now, we have lost some ground--he can't sit up independently anymore and he has muscle weakness, BUT I think we should focus on the positive. Respiratorily, he is doing amazingly. He is getting stronger with breathing every day.
Oh, this is also our day to celebrate an entire year of being hospitalization free!! (Though I have to admit he was in for a few days for an abcess, but here in East Texas they freak out when they see a baby on a ventilator, so they hospitalized him. But it doesn't count!)
We love you so much, Dakin! We are hoping for another whole year hospital free!!